First of all, before we discuss the best meat grinders for wild game, congratulate yourself on your catch! Hunting is a tough thing to do—it requires patience and more importantly, precision.
Now that you have succeeded, the next step is to grind that meat so you can make a burger out of it. But what grinder should you buy?
Today, we will show you the best meat grinders for wild game that you can choose from. In the end, you should be able to make a selection based on your activities and your grinding needs.
Why Do You Need the Best Meat Grinders for Wild Game?
Is a meat grinder even that important? Yes, it is, especially so if you are hunting game. If not, all you need to do really is buy ground meat from the supermarket.
But if you hunt deer, elk, and even fowl, no one will grind the meat for you. You may not even have a butcher near, so you cannot borrow the meat grinder or pay him for this service.
Here are some reasons why you need the best meat grinders for wild game:
- Hygiene – since it is your grinder, no one else uses it; you can rest assured that the only meat that goes there is yours.
- Convenience – it is better to use a grinder than to chop the meat; you will spend hours on end chopping meat with a knife.
- Usefulness – there are grinders now that you can use for both meat and vegetables; there are models here that we will show you—ones that can do both.
As you can see, you can add specific cuts to your ground meat if you have your own grinder. If you want more fat, then you can do so. If you want lean meat, it is completely your option. Truly, nothing beats owning your own machine.
Best Meat Grinders for Wild Game: Top 8 Choices
Best for Heavy Duty Use: STX Turboforce 3000 Heavy Duty 5-In-1 Powerful Size #12...Check on Amazon
The STX Turbo Force is a powerful option if you are looking for the best meat grinders for wild game. What makes it different from its competitors is its foot pedal, which helps you control the process. With a 3,000-watt motor, the grinder is best for home use after you have taken home that prized game.
- Extra Large Hopper – can hold up to three pounds of meat; just push slowly to grind.
- Fast Action – the machine can grind between 180 and 240 pounds of meat in an hour; what it means is that it will not take you an hour to grind all the meat from your catch.
- Safety – the machine has a unique safety button that needs to be activated before it can go to work. It also has a circuit breaker.
- The grinder is loud
- The auger has no tight seal, and it can pose a challenge if you are making a sausage
- The motor can struggle with larger cuts; the solution to this is to cut up your meat well before grinding.
If you are looking for a powerful and safe meat grinder, you must consider this model. It offers consistency and the right amount of motor power to help you grind your catch in less than an hour.
Just take note that you cannot grind cartilage, nuts, vegetables, and bones with this. Even if many people say you could, it was not made for this job.
Best for the Budget: OSTBA Electric Meat Grinder 2000W MAX Meat Mincer with...Check on Amazon
Despite having only 2,000 watts of power, the OSTBA machine sets itself apart from the other best meat grinders for wild game because it comes with a tomato juicing kit. Although it sounds a tad weird, it just shows that it has the capacity not just to grind but also to slice and shred. It is a 5-in-1 tool that allows you to do many things.
- Fast Production – the average power consumption of the machine is 500 watts, but this can increase to a maximum of 2,000 watts. It can mince and grind 3.3 pounds of meat in a minute.
- Several Functions – you can use the machine as a meat mincer, sausage stuffer, a kubbe maker, a tomato juicer, and even a vegetable slicer. It is made possible because it comes with three different cutting plates.
- High Torque – the machine has a high torque, which means that it will grind the meat without destroying the meat fiber. As such, you are producing healthy and nutritious meat.
- It can be a little hard to assemble
- Tomato can jam up the grinder
Should you buy this grinder? Buy it if you want a 5-in-one tool. If you hunt for a game, there will surely come a time when you want to grind not just your catch but also vegetables. It also has a reverse button that will help you fix it if it ever gets clogged.
Best for Making Sausages: LEM Products 17801 Big Bite #12 .75HP Stainless Steel...Check on Amazon
Though a tad costly, Big Bite is made of 100% stainless steel—something that its competitors rarely do. Of course, grinding meat entails lots of water flowing through the steel, which can eventually become a cause of concern.
The top meat grinders for wild game are those made for heavy-duty use, and the Big Bite is one of them. It has metal gears, not plastic, and the motor is permanently lubricated. The machine is also not as noisy as other grinders out in the market.
- ETL Certified – the grinder is product certified, which means that it passed certain standards for safety.
- Circuit Breaker – it has a built-in circuit breaker that prevents electrical shocks from happening.
- Large Pan – for big game like wild deer, you will need a large pan to put the sliced meat; this one has that provision so you can cut up the meat and then put them all in one place
- Accessories – the purchase comes with coarse and fine plates, stuffing tubes, stainless steel knife, and many more.
- No reverse grind feature; you must disassemble it to remove the jam
- Poor customer service
Why should you buy this model? Buy it if you want a fine grind of your catch. It is best for making sausages as it is heavy-duty, even has the power to grind pork butt.
The machine works fast, and you can grind eight pounds in as little as five minutes. It also has better power than its predecessors like the Big Bite #5 and #8.
Best for Big Game: Weston Pro Series Electric Meat Grinder, Commercial Grade,...Check on Amazon
If you hunt big animals, then this is one serious machine that you must consider. Then, you can use it to can grind up to 540 pounds of meat in an hour, while its competitors could only grind half that. Typically, even the best meat grinders for wild game could only do 200 pounds per hour.
It has a powerful one-horsepower motor that delivers this kind of range. In addition, the motor has an air cooling system, and its head is offset. The design is for faster speeds. Everything about it was carefully engineered to help bring about maximum performance.
- Stainless Steel – the machine will not rust
- Fast Grinder – it can grind up to nine pounds of meat per minute
- Easy Assembly – the meat grinder design was well thought of in that it is easy to assemble, clean up, and store.
- Accessories – comes with auger stomper, stuffing funnels, and tray storage accessories.
- The metal throat is the same diameter as the hole
- Cannot grind bones
What makes this grinder unique is that it comes with 10, 20, 30, and 40 mm sausage funnels. It is great for people who hunt big game—you need this kind of power for deer or elk meat. The grinder produces high speeds. In addition, the motor is also permanently lubricated, so it is unnecessary to maintain it.
Best for Commercial Use: KWS SL-8 Commercial 450W 1/2HP Electric Meat Grinder...Check on Amazon
Those who hunt game, including alligators, need a powerful grinder. The answer is the KWS SL-8 model. It has a powerful motor that sports one-half horsepower, plus it is made of stainless steel. It has the capacity to grind 176 pounds of meat in an hour—more than a thousand pounds for a day’s work.
What makes it stand out from its competitors is that it has a 450-wat motor. It is ideal for business, and it is therefore sold for commercial use.
- Powerful enough to meet demands for restaurants
- It can be used for meat processing in a meat deli
- Made of hard and durable material
- Has dissipation holes that help control the heat
- Convenient and easy to use
- Not effective for stuffing casings
- It has sharp edges that can cause a few cuts
If you want a commercial grinder, take this product into consideration. At its price, you are getting an affordable meat grinder not just for home use but for business.
I strongly recommend it both for seasonal hunters and those who hunt on a regular basis. The selling point of its product is its durability—it was made for serious heavy-duty use that will last a long time. This is what makes it one of the best meat grinders for wild game, and the best for commercial use.
Best for Multi-Purpose Use: meat grinderCheck on Amazon
Altra is a professional meat grinder that can tackle both meats and vegetables. With 2,000 watts of power, it is efficient enough to handle game meat, including venison. It is also capable of grinding three pounds of meat per minute, or more than 180 pounds per hour!
Its key difference from its competitors is that it can grind vegetables too. As a result, it is an ideal alternative for food processors—it comes with three different cutting plates for different uses. Therefore, if you’re looking for the best meat grinders for wild game that can also be used for other types of food, then this grinder is a great choice.
- Can cut coarse, medium, or fine
- Can grind vegetables like carrots, garlic, pepper, and others
- You can use it to stuff sausages
- Easy to clean and hygienic to use
- The blade is hidden for safe grinding
- It uses a spiral rod attachment, so the meat fiber does not break off
- Not dishwasher safe
- The unit is loud
What you would love about this product is that it is easy to disassemble and clean. What it means is that you will not have to deal with rotting meat residue from the grinding. It is also easy to store. The machine is made of food-grade material—your food will not get contaminated.
The product comes with lifetime support—not a lifetime warranty. If you need help, you can always give them a call.
Best for Hard Wild Game: VEVOR Electric Meat Grinder,551 Lbs/Hour 1100W Meat Grinder...Check on Amazon
With 1100 watts of power, this model is a meat mincer that comes with two grinding plates. It is a commercial-grade grinder that can cut through the toughest meat of your catch.
In the market, many models are only for home use—this one sets itself apart by putting commercial-grade technology into something accessible even for the average Joe.
- It has a super strong and reliable motor made with standard copper core
- The meat grinder is so fast that it can reach 225 rotations per minute
- It can grind up to 550 pounds of meat in one minute
- The grinder is multifunctional so it can stuff sausages, mince, grind, and chop vegetables
- It comes with multiple accessories
- There are two grinding plates that come with the purchase
It does not have stuffing tubes; you need to buy them separately
If you are looking for a commercial-grade grinder that is easy to operate, then you have found one that will serve your goals. What makes this one of the best meat grinders for wild game is that you can also use it with vegetables. It is easy to clean and wash with water. It is also not as noisy as most grinders of this power.
Best for Grinding Frozen Meat: ABOUER Meat Grinder, Commercial Electric Stainless Steel...Check on Amazon
The ABOUER Meat Grinder is one of the best meat grinders for wild game. Made of stainless steel, this is one of the rare grinders in the market today that you can use to grind frozen meat. That is how powerful it is—the blades can withstand tough meat.
What you will love about this machine is that they made it from materials that have anti-rust properties. The last thing you want is to have a rusty grinder—it will contaminate your food.
- Super quiet to operate
- Uses industrial grade motors that you can operate for a long time
- Made of stainless, high-grade metal
- Has the power to grind frozen pot and even chicken racks with bones
- Uses spiral shafts to prevent meat fibers from getting destroyed
- Can use too much power
The machine has a design that prevents hand injury. It is also reliable, with a waterproof switch that will prevent any electrocution from happening. Lastly, it is also a product that you can use to grind other things like chili and garlic.
Summary: Best Meat Grinders for Wild Game
From our list of the best meat grinders for wild game, the one that you want to get is the last one—the ABOUER Meat Grinder. It is for commercial use, and it is tough enough to grind frozen material.
Before you buy a grinder, make sure you ask yourself how you will use it. If you also need a grinder as a vegetable processor, then choose the multi-functional ones that we have on the list. However, it is best that you choose one of the best meat grinders for wild game that will function as a dedicated machine, not as an all-around grinder for everything.