Waffle cookies are a delightful twist on the usual waffles you see in cafes and stores. Having the best waffle cookie maker means that it will be easy for you to make these delicious treats anytime you crave them. In this article, I will discuss the different types of waffle cookies and review the best appliances to use to make these cookies.
What to Make in a Waffle Cookie Maker
The two most popular types of waffle cookies are stroopwafles and pizzelle. Stroopwafels, made from two wafer cookies joined by a caramel filling, are delectably crunchy on the outside and chewy on the inside. Pizzelle are traditional Italian waffle cookies, which are usually moulded into beautiful shapes such as cannoli.
Don’t worry, you don’t have to travel to Europe to taste some mouthwatering waffle cookies. With the perfect waffle cookies recipe and a quality waffle cookie maker, you might never consider buying waffles from cafes again.
Stroopwafels and pizzelles are similar to each other. They are my ultimate favorite type of waffle cookies. These European-style waffles are incredibly enjoyable. They’re so chewy and tasty, making a great option as a light dessert unlike usual desserts, which leave one lethargic from all the sugar.
Stroopwafels and pizzelles are easily made in different flavors, can be easily molded into ice cream cones, cut into smaller pieces in an ice cream bowl (my favorite way of eating them!), and the best part is, they don’t require you to eat them in a plate with a fork and knife, they’re more like a cookie – with your waffle cookie maker, they’re easy to make so you could just grab and go!
Preparing stroopwafels and pizzelles are very simple with the right kitchen gadgets. All you have to do is to first heat the waffle cookie maker, secondly, place the dough you pre-prepared in the center of the waffle cookie maker, thirdly lower the lever, then lastly press on it for a thin and delicious pizzelle or stroopwafel.
What is so good about these waffle cookies? Their versatility and lightness. They fit in every situation and meal – and so easy to munch on!
Want to enjoy a cup of tea on a cold winter day? Dip your pizzelle in a hot cup of coffee and enjoy its sweetness melting in your mouth.
Want a refresher with some light dessert on a hot summer day? Dip a waffle cookie in a bowl of ice cream and enjoy that mixture of crisp and softness. The possibilities are endless.
Experiment with different ways to eat them or even fun ways to shape your cookies. Kids love a fun-shaped waffle cookie!
If you’re a perfectionist like me and can’t handle the uneven circle, consider the use of a ring to even it out. the steps are as follows, firstly, cut it in half, secondly, fill in with your preferred choice of syrup, lastly wait for the waffle to stick together, and voila!
Stroopwafels and pizzelles might seem harder to prepare than the traditional Belgian waffles cookies, but believe me, the first step to perfecting your stroopwafels and pizzelles is finding the ultimate recipe. Thankfully, I came across this recipe and won’t ever consider switching it. The next step is to find a great waffle cookie maker. Let’s delve into that now!
Best Waffle Cookie MakerCheck on Amazon
Using the right pizzelle kitchen gadget, makes the baking process as easy as making scrambled eggs. The reason behind me recommending this Pizzelle cookie maker is the features it offers matched with its reasonable price. Therefore, this product is a win-win.
- The pizzelle cookie maker is able to bake an amount of 2 5-inch pizzelles every 30 seconds for when you’re in a rush and want to cook a delicious quick breakfast.
- Made of Xylan non-stick grids for an easy clean-up after baking the pizzelles.
- A built-in automatic thermostat that signals when the pizzelles are ready with a light
- For emphasis on safety, the appliance comes with a steam guard to guard your hands and a cord wrap
- The appliance comes with an instructions manual and different recipes to suit your preference
- North American Electrical Standards are followed
- Safe and reliable
- Easy clean up
- North American Electrical Standards
- Ready lights for signaling
- Instructions and recipes included
- The xylan non-stick grids aren’t enough, using non-stick spray will still be needed
- The handles might break if you use them harshly
- If you like your waffles more on the crispier side, you might wait more than 30 seconds
This waffle maker brings back the original taste of stroopwafels making you feel like you’ve baked them in the Netherlands. Especially with the perfectly sized and thickness tins, this device bakes thin and crispy stroopwafels that can’t go wrong.
- The device is able to bake two 4-inch wafel cookies at a time
- Manufactured in the United States of America
- Comes with a 5-year warranty in case of any inconveniences
- Bakes thin and crispy Belgian cookies
- Fast cooking after a proper warmup, the device is able to bake two 4-inch cookies in approximately 30 seconds
- Comes with a 5-year warranty
- Can be easily cleaned
- Reliable product because of the iron aluminum construction
- Needs non-stick spray because of the iron aluminum cast
- Making it thinner would be better
Unlike other pizzelle cookie makers, this appliance makes it easier to clean out all the dough mess with the non-stick plates that are removable as well. With Cuisinart’s pizzelle cookie maker, making pizzelles is easy and delicious.
- Ability to bake two 4-inch pizzelle waffle cookies at a time
- Can light indicators that signal when the device is warmed up, and when the pizzelles are ready to eat for the perfect bake every time
- Comes with a browning control feature which has five levels to meet your preference
- Comes with a recipe book, rolling dowl, and most importantly, a measuring scoop for easier preparation.
- Easy to clean up after
- Light indicators for the perfect pizzelles every time
- Five-setting browning control
- Recipe book and other gadgets provided
- Has a three-year warranty
- Might need non-stick spray for better clean up
- Needs more than 30 seconds for the desired level of crispiness
Perfect for when you’re hooked on those tasty pizzelles for breakfast and don’t want to miss out on vacation. With this Dash mini pizzelle maker, you can enjoy your pizzelles wherever you go. Certainly, there’s no more carrying around heavy kitchen gadgets.
- Non-stick surface with PFOA for an easy cooking experience
- Surface built with beautiful patterns
- Able to cook two pizzelle cookies at a time
- 1-year warranty provided
- Non-stick PFOA surface
- Beautiful patterns
- Durable for an easy storage
- Fast heating
- Only able to cook small-sized pizzelles
- Isn’t suitable for super thin waffles
- Need non-stick spray on top of the non-stick surface
Consider this device as it is the perfect match if you’re planning on cooking stroopwafels for commercial purposes. That is to say, with its large tin size, its stainless steel construction making it very hard to break, this device is marked as highly reliable and can be used in several ways.
- Cooks a 8-inch waffle at a time
- Made with a non-stick surface for easy cleanup
- Built with power saving technology
- Made of stainless steel for more durability and reliability
- Able to cook big-sized waffle cookies
- Can be easily cleaned
- Reliable and durable
- Efficient heater
- Needs more non-stick spray
- Can’t make small sized troopwafels
When choosing the right kitchen gadget for your meals, the cooking process becomes a lot more easier and enjoyable. That’s why I always make sure to invest in my kitchen gadgets. With these listed waffles cookie makers, you’ll find one specifically tailored for your need.
They also make great gifts for any occasion, and the gifted person sure will remember you whenever he or she eats an incredibly delicious waffle cookie with the waffle cookie maker!