There was this small specialty restaurant when I was very little. It was on top of a mountain where Dad used to take us for skiing. There were bunch of charcoal grills burning between the tables. It was definitely a scene. They only grilled lamb chops, nothing else was served. The smell was so intense and mind-blowing: grilled meat with thyme in cold weather, on snow…
That’ s how I got hooked up on lamb chops. The old restaurant does not exist anymore, but I don’t have to climb on top of a mountain for delicious lamb either. The quick griller, electric toaster oven makes tasty lambs in about 15 minutes, and they smell great too!
Lambs are kind of festive meal to me, just like the Thanksgiving Turkey. I feel like its November whenever I grill some. They are a crowd pleaser and certainly draw attention from your guests. You can use any pork chops recipe for cooking lamb chops too. Both pork and lamb chops cook fast, and they can replace any last-minute disaster meal in the kitchen, especially when you have company coming by.
NutriChef Convection Countertop Toaster Oven – Air Fryer
- BEST APPLIANCE FOR EASY ACCESS: Small enough to fit on your countertop or...
- HEALTHY MEAL PREP: Healthy cooking made easy Temperature & time-setting...
- FASTER MEALS: The best countertop convection oven for a faster cooking time...
- EFFECTIVE & EVEN COOKING: High temperatures & built-in fan circulates air...
- HASSLE FREE & CONVENIENT: Attractive glass makes for convenient cleanup...
Speedy roaster ovens are very talented; they can cook almost anything; grill, bake, roast, steam broil and more. I use mine like a 24-hour open diner. It is actually plugged in all the time. We don’t even use the bread toaster in the mornings anymore. Anything edible can be cooked in one of these and in any style.
It is a versatile kitchen tool but I mostly use it for spicy meat balls, beef roasts, pork and lamb chops. Talking about pork chops; it takes 9 minutes to grill them with NutriChef. Trust me, I cook them regularly and it never ran over 10 minutes.
Set the temperature to 375°F, sauce them anyway you like and flip half way thru. It is like a Fast-Food store stuck in your kitchen. Try breaded chicken the same way, and make delicious sandwiches with them.
Keep this cleaning tip in mind; add about an inch of water to the bottom. It will catch all drippings. Otherwise, you have to put warm water inside the bowl and wait for the residues to soften before cleaning.
- See-through glass bowl is perfect to watch and monitor how your food is cooking.
- Healthier meals; use less oil thanks to the air-fryer function.
- Easy to use; set the time and temperature, that’s all it takes.
- Compact and lightweight; perfect on the countertop.
- Super-fast; cooks much faster than any conventional oven.
- Even-cooking; the fan circulates air evenly so your food cooks thoroughly.
- Useful accessories; I am a huge fan of the high rack. Grill anything from pork chops to meatballs easily. Includes tongs, tabletop stand, height extending insert, and two cooking racks.
There is a timer and temperature dial on the lid. That’s all you have to control. The timer dial works as the on/off button. Set the timer and it will start to work, and then it will turn off the oven automatically when it is finished.
They actually printed ¨Off¨ in place of zero. NutriChef toaster bowl cooks about 50% faster than a regular oven. That’s why I created my own snack recipes over time. You can find many more online. People get really creative with these.
Here is what I do when I get really hungry. It is actually faster than any take-out or ordered food. Get some French bread and make thin slices. Drip some olive oil on the slices. Slice thick cheddar cheese on them and sprinkle parmesan cheese. Season with salt and pepper. I then throw these on the high rack inside the toaster oven. Dial up the temperature knob to maximum.
They will be ready in a few minutes. You will see that cheese changes color and melts. They taste as good as a slice of pizza. The bread gets crispy and the thick cheese softens. Add some tomato slices, pepperoni or cooked tuna on them if you like. And you can replace the French bread with any type you prefer.
- 4 x 15.8 x 13.8 inches
- Weighs 14.3 pounds
- Food capacity 18 Qt
Grilled Lamb Chops with Thyme
Lambs and thyme go great together. I tried many different versions of lamb cooked with various methods. Some fancy restaurants serve it roasted with tomato paste. However, it tastes best when grilled, at least to me! On the other hand, lamb chops are not for everyone; they have a unique and strong flavor. But once you get fond of them, then it is hard to stay away. Thyme and oregano are the two most used spices; especially in Mediterranean recipes.
- 1-pound lamb chops (separated individually)
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 3 tablespoon virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- Salt to taste
- Mix all the dried herbs and the olive oil in a cup.
- Add the minced garlic and stir well.
- Brush the sauce on to the lamb chops.
- Use the grill rack of the toaster oven and place the lambs evenly.
- Cook one side for 7-10 minutes at 425°F and flip over to cook the other side.
- Take them out and add some dried thyme while the lamb chops are still hot.
Serve with grilled asparagus and French fries. Add some fresh rosemary and thyme leaves on the plate to show off.
Greek Style Garlic-Lemon Whole Chicken
This is so easy to cook with the electric toaster. I prepare an olive oil paste and brush it all over the whole chicken, then sit down and wait patiently for it to come out. Don’t forget to take off the high rack from the toaster when roasting whole chicken.
- ½ cup of virgin olive oil
- 1-2 garlic cloves; minced extremely small (do your best or use garlic powder)
- ¼ cup chopped fresh basil
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 medium size lime
- 2 medium size lemons, or 1 large size lemon
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- ¼ teaspoon ground mint
- ¼ teaspoon ground oregano
- ½ teaspoon ground thyme
- 1 ½ tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon of vinegar (apple preferred)
- Salt to taste
Optional: Add toasted sesame all over the chicken if you like. I add too much ground chili pepper and call it the Red Chicken.
- Squeeze the lime and the lemons.
- Pour the olive oil into a pan and slightly warm it over the stove, not too much.
- Then pour it into a small cup.
- Add the honey and stir well for a few seconds.
- Add the squeezed lime and lemons, and stir a little more (10-15 seconds).
- Add the chopped basil and parsley.
- Add all the other ingredients and continue to stir until you get a balanced mixture.
- Brush the ¾ of the mixture all over the whole chicken. Let the meat to soak the mixture for 10 minutes and brush the rest of the sauce before you place it into the NutriChef.
- Cook for about 20-30 minutes or until done.
Lambs get cooked fast and you can get easy complements if you cook them for your guests. The electric toaster is a talented kitchen tool to cook, grill, roast, or bake; lamb chops are just one of them. It speeds up all my cooking and allows me to spend less time in the kitchen. I think I love it more than my microwave; it is a smart bowl that can act like an oven but much faster.