Learn how to make soda in a SodaStream machine and make your own sparkling water from fresh drinking water. You can add all kinds of flavors and also make your version of cola and other favorite drinks at home. This precious kitchen appliance gives you an option against all those sugar-filled unhealthy sodas sold at the stores.
Best thing about the SodaStream machines is that they are all easy to use. You basically twist and lock the carbonating bottle in the front and put the carbonator at the back. Press the button on top a few times and you are all set.
What is a SodaStream?
SodaStream is a compact kitchen appliance that infuses CO2 into cold water. In simplest terms; it adds the bubbles to your water. Then all you need to decide is how to flavor it. The manufacturer already provides more than 100 flavor options which come with auto-cap feature. You just put it on the bottle and press on it. But you can also flavor and color your sparkling water with fresh ingredients. All fruits go great with carbonated water.
Step by Step guide For Making Fresh Soda at Home
Let’s go through the steps on how to make your own sparkling drinks at home. You deserve to make soda just the way you like it. It is quite easy actually to do this at home. Just stay away from those harmful soft drinks sold at the stores. Although most SodaStream machines look alike, you should pay attention to their capacity and features when shopping for the best SodaStream machine. Some people complaint that theirs do not have any warning alarm to indicate the user for how long to press the button on top. It might get confusing.
Quick definitions for the SodaStream accessories so you don’t mix them:
Carbonator: This is the thin, tall tube that comes with the SodaStream machine which you place at the back of the equipment. We infuse CO2 from this bottle. In other words; this is the tube that creates all those bubbles.
Carbonating bottle: This is the plastic or glass bottle that has lines on it to show the maximum water filling amount. You make your fresh soda inside this bottle.
- Place your SodaStream machine on a sturdy surface for easy operation.
- Press the release button and remove the carbonating bottle.
- Open your carbonator tube; remove the seal and take off the cap.
- Open the back of the SodaStream machine’s back.
- Mount the carbonator on the machine by screwing It into its place.
- Close the back cover.
- Fill the carbonating bottle with cold drinking water up to the line drawn on the bottle.
- Do not add any syrup or flavoring yet.
- Put the carbonating bottle in its place (front part of the SodaStream machine) and screw to mount well.
- Press the button in short presses until you hear a loud buzz alarm from your machine. This is how you understand that your soda is ready on SodaStream Jet Sparkling water maker; other equipment may or may not include alarms. This one also has more than 100 flavors.
- Unscrew the carbonating bottle and remove it from the SodaStream machine.
- Now, it is time to add syrup or other flavorings to your fresh soda. Either use one of the auto-cap flavors that come from your SodaStream manufacturer or use your own soda mix. If you choose to go with the auto-cap then all you have to do is to put it on the bottle and press on it. If you like to use your own soda mix then hold the bottle at a slight angle and pour your mix slowly into the bottle.
- You are almost done! Close the cap of the bottle and shake very gently.
Let the carbonator bottle sit at the machine for a few minutes before you take it off. You can have great sparkling soda only with one buzz if you use this technique. Another trick is to keep the water filled plastic carbonator bottle in the fridge. Cold water makes all the difference with these carbonating machines and you will be amazed that small tricks like these make all the difference.
Can You Use Cold Water in SodaStream?
You should always use cold water in SodaStream; it helps with making carbonation stronger. There are some users who even put the whole machine in the refrigerator before using. You don’t have to go that far but just remember that you will achieve the best results with using cold water.
Can You Carbonate Flat Soda with SodaStream?
You can only carbonate flat plain soda. As a rule, you should only carbonate water with your SodaStream machine. These machines are specially designed to work with water. Some users do carbonate fruit juices, tea or coffee. But this can damage the equipment easily. Besides, it can also harm you. Other drinks than water gets too fizzy and produces too much pressure. It is really hard to remove them from the appliance once they are carbonated. Should you carbonate flat soda? Totally, not suggested! You will make a big mess in the kitchen and might have to get a new SodaStream machine. Keep in mind; the warranty is invalidated if you carbonate anything other than water.
Are SodaStream Bottles Interchangeable?
Only the plastic bottles are interchangeable; they fit into all machines. Slim bottles are only compatible with the Fizzi SodaStream machine. Glass bottles are only compatible with Penguin, Crystal and Fizzi machines.
What Flavors Does SodaStream Have?
There are over 100 flavors to choose from. Plus, there are some companies making custom syrups solely for SodaStream machines. And I just like the fact these companies have sugar-free versions. You can probably find a flavor for any fruit out there.
The most common flavors are:
- Diet Cola
- Ginger Ale
- Iced Tea
- Raspberry Iced Tea (My favorite)
- Root Beer
- Cream Soda
What Size Are SodaStream Bottles?
Here are the carbonating bottle sizes for SodaStream machines:
- 500 ml
- 600 ml (Glass Carafe)
- 1 Liter (Black or White Cap)
- 1 Liter (Metal Cap)
SodaStream carbonated water is a fresh and healthy alternative to store bought soda. It could not be easier to make your soft drink at home only by pressing a button. You can simply get any flavor you want. There are too many options when it comes to variety. Don’t forget that you also save the Earth when you use SodaStream machines and stop wasting plastic bottles.
1 thought on “How to Make Soda in a SodaStream Machine? Sweet Healthy Bubbles”