If you like slowly cooked tender stew and juicy turkeys than you should know of Rival roaster’s talented ways with festive meals. Besides being a flexible roaster oven; the Rival roaster is also an energy efficient slow cooker. You are going to love its pace when you find out that it can cook so much faster than a conventional oven. Slow cooking makes amazingly delicious meat dishes. Cooking at low temperatures for long hours not only makes your stew tender but also adds so much flavor to it.
The Turkey Challenge
I like cooking turkey at home, especially on holidays. But when I used to cook with the regular oven, it took forever and never tasted juicy. Even when I bought the pre-seasoned, marinated version. The result was the same; you got dry turkey in the fridge for a week that no one wants to touch. Most of the time, the trash can was the one who ate it.
Then I learned from a friend that the small size of the roaster ovens and their lids make up for extra steam from the food cooking inside. This makes your roasted meat juicy and tender. You know how dry and stiff the turkey already is. Apparently, it was my cooking method not the meat that was problematic.
Save Energy and Time
Electric roasters save energy and it takes much less time to cook with them due to their smaller size than regular oven. They are really useful especially when you have crowded guests for dinners. You can put the ribs, ham, or turkey for slow cooking and get busy with the dessert and the side dishes. It works as a second oven!
RIVAL ROASTER OVEN 18-Quart – Big enough for a turkey!
- Versatile roaster oven designed to roast, bake, warm, and cook
- Even heat distribution for perfectly for moist, tender results
- Accommodates roasts and turkeys up to 22 pounds
- Adjustable temperature from 150 to 450 degrees F
- Removable steel rack and pan make cleanup simple
This roaster oven is all you need to cook festive meals. You really don’t have to be an expert chef; your roaster oven is a smart pot. Season your food, put the rack in and close the lid, you are done! You can prepare any meal that you normally cook in your conventional oven but only faster.
Rival roaster oven is a versatile kitchen appliance. Bake, cook, roast, or slow cook with the Rival roaster oven; it’s your gateway to a wide variety of dishes.
You can easily slow cook with the Rival roaster oven. It is just overwhelming during the holidays for large gatherings, special events, or just for a tasty Sunday dinner. Plus, Rival roaster cooks your food with its own steam exactly like a slow-cooker.
It does not heat up the whole kitchen as it is the case with the regular ovens. You will realize that it takes much less time to cook with this when compared to conventional ovens. Less time means less energy and that means more money in your pocket to spend on something else.
Easy Gravy and Sauce
You can simmer your delicious gravy right in the roaster oven from pan drippings. You don’t have to prepare it over the stove top, keep your burners free for cooking something else.
- Good for roasts and turkeys for up to 22 pounds.
- Temperature range from 150°F to 450° F (65°C to 230°C).
- Cook, bake, roast, and warm; very versatile.
- Easy cleaning with removable rack and pan (dishwasher safe).
- Makes meat moist and tender with even heat distribution.
Slow Cooker Tips and Tricks with the Rival Roaster
Keep these handy tips in mind before you delve into the delicious world of slow cooking.
- Do not forget to add dairy at the end of the slow cooking since milk and cream tend to get hazardous to your health if overheated. Make yourself a favor and add them in the last half hour of the slow-cooking.
- You need more fatty meat when making slow cooked stew, and the best part is that they are cheaper. Meat without enough fat would break down and get separated during long hours of slow cooking. This way you will have a more tender and juicy stew.
- Get your frozen food out of the freezer at least 1 hour before you start to slow cooking. Otherwise, it would decrease the temperature inside the Rival roaster fast.
- Try not to open the lid much, do not let the lovely aromatic steam escape. You need it for flavor, it is best if you don’t even touch it once you start cooking.
Can You Slow Cook in An Electric Roaster Oven?
Yes, you can slow cook in electric roaster oven. Rival roaster is great for roasting and it is much faster than a conventional oven. You can set the temperature to 200°F and start slow cooking delicious meals.
Is It Easy to Clean Up The Roaster Oven?
Rival roaster oven is very easy to clean up. Both the pan and the steel rack are removable, and the roaster pan is dishwasher safe. Use a liner bag for easy cleaning afterwards to make it even easier.
Do You Have to Brown the Meat Before Slow Cooking in The Electric Roaster?
It is not mandatory; your stew will end up just fine without it. People tend to do this to make it golden and extra tender. Just don’t do it the night before, do it right before you start slow-cooking.
Do You Need to Add Liquid to the Roaster Oven During Slow-Cooking?
It is not necessary and you are better off without adding water. Electric roaster creates its own steam naturally and your meat will come out juicy and tasty. But you can add oil and sauces if you like.
You just can’t cook on the stove top when you have too many guests coming over on special occasions. Rival roaster is your savior for those juicy turkeys, ham and more which will impress your friends. Energy saver, efficient, easy to clean, and makes amazing yummies; what else do you need? It takes the hassle out of your life, cook and serve happy meals for your loved ones easily.